Ontario Physical Literacy Summit 2017 Hamilton
Friday September 22, 2017
Redeemer University College
The goal of the Physical Literacy for All Steering committee is to implement and enhance opportunities so all Hamilton children and youth are physically literate based on their developmental potential.
Five Key Strategies:
- Educate and create awareness around physical literacy and its importance within each sector at all levels.
- Provide ongoing quality physical literacy training opportunities for teachers, ECEs, recreation, and sport staff in geographic clusters to foster collaboration between different sectors.
- Provide appropriate resources and supports for those involved in developing physical literacy in children and youth.
- Provide networking opportunities for those involved in developing physical literacy in children and youth online (website/social media channels).
- Collect data and evaluate the committee’s work in reaching their goals and objectives.